Thursday, February 11, 2010

Andrew's surgery

Andrew had to have surgery at the end of January. It was something that we knew would have to happen, but still weren't ready for. When I called to make Andrew's appointment they told me that there was a cancellation and instead of waiting in anticipation for two months, they could take him the next week!!

I, along with Bryan, were very nervous about having Andrew go under anesthesia, but our friend, Stephen, is a nurse anesthetist at the hospital and stayed with Andrew the whole time...which made everything so much easier. He was a little groggy right after but when he woke up from sleeping for and hour and a half, he sucked down his juice and was good to go!!

Andrew did amazingly well and even walked out of the hospital in his new 'panda jammies' ( He refused to take off the hospital gown)!!!

It is something I hope to NEVER experience again, but it could not have turned out more perfectly than it did!! Now I just have to keep him calm for a month!!!

Daddy and Andrew in the elevator on the way to surgery. Andrew was just given the 'giggle juice' and was feeling just fine;)


Feeling just a tad out of it right before surgery;)

Napping after surgery.

Starting to feel better.


Relaxing in his 'panda jammies'

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweet Andrew! Glad everything went smoothly, I know it must have been scary!

    ReplyDelete