Friday, December 10, 2010

It's time!!!

On Sunday ,the 28th, Bryan and I dropped Andrew off at Honey and Poppy's, grabbed some dinner ( just the two of us), and then headed to the hospital for my induction. We checked in at the hospital at 9:00 to start the process. The exact same thing happened with Andrew. We went to be induced on a Sunday night, expecting to have a baby on Monday at some point, but Andrew decided to not make his debut until 12:55 Tuesday morning. So, when my doctor told me that she expected a baby around noon on Monday, I thought she was being just a tad optimistic! But when the nurse checked me I had already started to dilate...which was the problem with my labor with Andrew (lack of dilating).

So, throughout the night my labor progressed and I was a bit surprised when the nurse came into the room at5:00 a.m. To see if I wanted my epidural because my doctor decided to start the actual induction at 6:00 instead of 9:00 since I was progressing. I went ahead and got the epidural at 6:23 a.m. and the nurse started the patocin. My labor progressed nicely and around 10:15 I was 6-7 centimeters. The nurse stepped out of the room to call my doctor and Bryan called his mom (who had Andrew) to tell her it was time to head to the hospital. As soon as he hung up the phone I told him to go get the nurse because it was time! The nurse came in and said I had progressed the 3 centimeters in a matter of one minute and was ready!! She ran out the room to call the doctor ( who luckily was in her office across the parking lot!) and I yelled at Bryan to go get her back because the baby was coming and I didn't think he was capable of delivering him/her!!

The nurse ran in the room after Bryan went to get her and began to set everything up. Shortly after, my doctor came running in to " catch" the baby! A few minutes later we had a baby!

October 2007, pregnant with Andrew

November 2010

2007

2010

Last picture as a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment