Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reality Check

So, today we got a major reality check! We found out that over 300 people applied for the less than 8 spots for our first choice school! Um, I'm not going to lie... I cried! I'm not proud, it wasn't my finest moment, but I stood in my backyard, pushing my two babies ( on the swings, not just shoving them for fun;) and cried!!

I just felt lost! Now what!?!? What are we going to do?? I felt like we went in to this knowing that Andrew had a slim chance of getting in. But, after meeting with the psychologist, I felt like she may have given us some false hope. Now, I am NOT blaming her in any way, I just think we took the fact that she was going to call on behalf of Andrew as him actually having a good chance at getting in. So, with the news of the number of applicants and with a text message to Bryan that may have mentioned something about me having a nervous breakdown ( I told you I wasn't proud;), he called and we really talked things out!

We decided that we really did like our "backup" school. It is a great school and we are sure that Andrew will succeed in a traditional school setting. We toured the school that the doctor recommended and it just wasn't for us! We really didn't care for anything about it. That's just not who we are. We like structure and schedules and everything that goes along with that. Andrew has grown up that way his whole life and we feel that he will be most comfortable in that sort of setting.

We then laughed at how out of hand we (I) may have gotten and realized that it was all in Andrew's best interest, but just because he won't get in to our first choice doesn't mean he is going to be a preschool dropout;)

Now, we don't know for certain that he didn't get in. They don't mail out letters until mid March. We aren't withdrawing our application or anything, but we have done everything that we can do and the ball is now in their court. But what ever happens is what was meant to happen!




She is so good at using spoons now, she uses two!

Andrew doing his Valentine's. We had to start early since he was signing his own name!

No comments:

Post a Comment