I just cannot believe that my baby is 1/2 way to a year!! How on earth did this happen already!?!? She by far has been the best baby!! The only time she fusses is if it is time to nap!! Other than that she is just as happy as can be!
6 month stats:
weight: 13 lbs 8.5 oz (5-10%)
height: 25 1/2 " ( 25-50%)
head: 16 1/4" ( 10-25%)
The doctor and I were a little concerned that she didn't even gain a full 2 pounds in the last 2 months! She also dropped on the growth chart. But, after discussing how well she eats and how happy she is, her doctor determined that there really isn't anything to worry about. Aubree is just going to be a petite little girl;)
She also got her front two bottom teeth!
She eats a stage 1 fruit mixed with cereal for breakfast and then both a fruit and vegetable for both lunch and dinner. I also nurse her in between feedings. She eats everything that is in front of her and is always happy after she eats or nurses. The doctor suggested that I add some cereal to her lunch and/or dinner as well. Hopefully that will put a little extra weight one her, but if it doesn't she couldn't be any happier or healthier than she is right now, so neither one of us are concerned;)
In the last month Aubree has tried and loved all of the stage 1 foods. She wasn't wild about apples at first but has come around to them;)
Another change is that I no longer give her a bottle before bed. I was stressing myself out too much trying to pump enough and have extra milk stored, so I decided to just stop. I was worried that she wouldn't sleep all night if I just nursed her since I wouldn't be able to see how much she was getting, but it has been almost a month of no bottle and it hasn't affected her at all!
She also said her first word, MAMA!!! That means both of my babies said mama first!! I win!! She usually says is when she is getting tired, usually as a way of getting my attention so I can pick her up and put her to sleep;)
She can also shake her head no. Although it is quite amusing now, I can see where that could be a problem later on;)
We are still working on sitting up and she still needs some minor assistance;)
I just cannot say enough positive things about her!! She is an absolute dream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Poor Cohen dropped on the growth chart too! Should I be worried? He went from 95th to 90th.:) Aww I can't wait for him to say his first word (hopefully MAMA) She is too cute and looks so happy!
ReplyDelete