Saturday, May 28, 2011

Magic Kingdom IS NOT the happiest place on Earth!

Today we ventured off to Magic Kingdom. Bryan suggested that we go around 3:00 in the afternoon so that we wouldn't be there during the hottest part of the day. But, I wanted to go there as soon as it opened and then leave early. We some how compromised and decided that "we will get there when we get there!" Well, we 'got there' at 12:00! Probably the hottest and most crowded part of the day!! Poor planning on our parts! Well, it wasn't long before Andrew was melting down because he was hungry, hot, and didn't want to wait around!! Let's just say the day wasn't exactly the best day of our lives;)

We did of course have fun times, like riding Thunder Mountain ( Andrew LOVES roller coasters, like we knew he would;). We then went to ride Splash Mountain, but they wouldn't let Andrew on because he wasn't tall enough. So, Bryan and I went back to Thunder Mountain, but now they had somebody checking height, so Andrew wasn't able to ride;( They actually put a credit card between Andrew's head and the 40" line and that was all the room they had and still wouldn't let him ride. I understand their policy, but he would have loved it!!

Anyway, we decided to wait in line to see Jessie and Woody. Then a worker came up and said that if it started to rain then the characters would go inside. We looked up and saw a very dark cloud heading our way and decided that it was getting late anyway and we should head out before it started pouring. Well, Andrew thought he was in line for Splash Mountain! When we told him he wasn't, he started crying! So, we put him in the stroller and headed to the front of the park ( we were in the very back). We met my dad, who had decided to leave early because he wasn't feeling well, Thunder Mountain made him a little sick;) after we got off the monorail and headed back to the condo. Andrew screamed and threw the biggest fit I have ever seen from the back of Magic Kingdom all the way to the condo. One and a half hours later we were able to calm him enough to feed him some gumbo and it was like someone hit a light switch! He was dancing in his seat, saying how delicious the food was and then he said, " I had a great day today!" My poor baby was just so hungry and so off his schedule he just didn't know what to do;)

I must admit there were some not so great times today, but we still managed to squeeze in some fun;) AND. WE. HAVE. A. PLAN. FOR. TOMORROW!!

Oh, and Andrew, my love, I am so glad that you had a great day today, but lord let me not be anywhere around when you have a bad day;)

Oh, and I know I haven't even mentioned Aubree, and I guess that is because she was just the BEST baby today! She laughed and smiled the whole time!! The only time she fussed a little was when it was time for her naps!! She is such a trooper!


Getting ready to see a mouse;)



Watching the parade

Poppy, Andrew, and Daddy on Buzz Lightyear!

Waiting to ride It's a Small World.


Princess Jasmine....I mean Crysta;)


Bernard getting a little squirt to cool off;)

Me and Mimi

Andrew was given a sticker for stomping all of the ants in the stroller parking area;)


Aubree enjoying her new Mickey fan!

Waiting to ride Thunder Mountain.

He didn't want to ride!

Putting his hands in the air all while safely behind Daddy's arms;)

I think somebody likes roller coasters;)

1 comment:

  1. How much were those water/fan things? I kept seeing kids with them but didn't get close enough to price them- I was afraid Chloe would have a FIT for one!

    I wish they still had the goofy barnstorm coaster open- that was one they could fit on with no problems

    ReplyDelete