On Saturday we had a costume birthday party for Andrew(which of course Andrew refused to dress up for). We invited close family and friends to our house to eat, jump in a bounce house, and enjoy the beautiful weather. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!! The weather was wonderful, the food not so bad;), and the cake...let's just talk about the cake for a moment. I love to cook, but baking is something that I just don't do. Maybe because I really enjoy savory things more than sweets or maybe because nothing ever turns out right, whatever the reason, baking is not one of my specialties.
So, when my friend Tammy suggested that I make this adorable haunted house cake for Andrew's party, I was more than just a little reluctant. She assured me that I could do it, so I decided to go for it. Well, it turned out great!!! I still can't believe it!!!!!!!! I could just stare at the pictures of it all day!!!
Anyway, the party went off with out a hitch. Everyone seemed to have a great time, especially Andrew! He jumped in the bounce house from 10:30 a.m. until about 6:30 when we told him it was broken and turned off one of the motors;)
I still can't believe we just had Andrew's 2nd birthday party!! Where has the time gone?!?

Ta-Da!!! The haunted house cake that I made all by myself!

Crysta and Taylor

The adult section of the party;)

The beautiful cake, again;)

Blowing out his candles.


The cutest 2 year old!

Andrew, Joshua, and Crysta

Alexander, Andrew, and Joshua

Marleigh and Mia

Andrew's new favorite toy...a weed eater!


The best family pic we could get.
Happy Birthday!
Still jumping
I LOVE the cake! Great job!
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy 2nd birthday Andrew...where oh where does time go?