Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shopping, Flooding, Diaper Explosions, and Soccer!

Today was a very long, eventful day!! First, Aubree and I went shopping and she sat in the cart like a big girl It was as if it was the first time she had ever been to a store! She just kept staring at everything and I am pretty sure she did not blink the entire time we were in there;)

Then after camp, Andrew, Aubree, and I ran to the car because it was starting to rain and we needed to go to soccer practice! I looked in the direction in which we were going and the weather looked pretty clear, so I figured it was just raining by our house! WRONG!! There was a torrential downpour that we were now being forced to drive through!! I could barely see and the road was starting to flood!! I thought, " Great! We are all going to drown trying to get to a 3 year old's soccer practice!" Luckily, we made it there in one piece;)

However, it was still pouring down rain when we parked! So, Andrew grabbed his umbrella, I grabbed my umbrella and my diaper bag, and I got him out the car and in the building. I parked right next to the door and the front of the building is made of glass so I new he would be safe inside with my bag while I got Aubree out of the car ( I could see him the whole time!). So, I went back to the car to unbuckle Aubree out of her car seat a realized that her diaper had LEAKED.ALL.OVER! Let me just say, that holding an umbrella in the rain and trying to hold a baby far enough away from you so that whatever leaked out of her diaper doesn't get on you while at the same time keeping her close enough so that she doesn't get wet is not as easy as it sounds!!!

Anyway, we all make it inside somewhat dry! I laid her on the coach to change her and that's when I realized that she didn't just pee pee everywhere!! Fantastic! So, I cleaned her up, changed her clothes, and we headed to the soccer field!! Luckily by the time we left the rain was finished!! I am exhausted!


Shopping like a big girl!

In a new, clean outfit at soccer!

Water break!

Exhausting day!

Even T-Rex is exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment