Friday, November 4, 2011

Andrew's 4 year check up

Today I had to bring Andrew to the doctor for his 4 year check up and for Aubree to get her second half of the flu shot. I had heard how horrible the 4 year check up was (they have to get 4 shots!) so I asked Bryan to meet me there. While waiting in the waiting room I received a text from Bryan saying that a client had just walked in and he wouldn't be able to make it. Great!

So, we were called to the back and the nurse measured and weighed Andrew. He is 34 lbs, 33% and 40.5 in, 55%.

Everything else checked out great and then it was time for the shots. I told Andrew that he would be getting a few shots, but that they would just pinch a little since he was a big boy now. He has no recollection of shots in his recent memory, he only knows when Aubree gets shots, she screams!

The nurse came in and we decided to give Aubree hers first. She gave her the shot, she screamed for an extended period of time, I comforted her, and then I had to strap her in her car seat! She was not too excited about that!

Then, Andrew sat up on the table and I stood in front of him. She gave him the flu mist and he did great with that. Then it was time for the shots. She gave him the first two shots in his left arm and he barley flinched!!! Then she gave him the third shot in his right arm and he looked up at me with the saddest face;( The nurse said, oh, I know that one hurts...it's OK to cry. With that news he buried his head in my chest and cried silently, but hard! I teared up too, it was so sad! Then the nurse said, don't worry we are all finished! Um, no.you.are.not! I told her that he was suppose to get 4!!! She said that she only had 3 on her tray and she would go double check.

SOOOOOO, while she is going to go check to see if he needs another shot, Aubree was crying so hard in her car seat that she was choking on her own saliva and Andrew had a death grip on me, he was so upset. Then, to make matters worse the doc and nurse come in to apologize because in fact I was right, he.needs.another.shot! Fantastic! So, now I have to pull down Andrew's pants, while he and Aubree are both screaming and now he is fighting me because he knows what was about to happen! I had to hold back his poor little arms while the nurse gave him a shot in his right thigh;(

My poor babies! But we eventually composed ourselves and headed out the door!

Honey was coming over to watch the kids so I could go help Mary today, since she was getting married, so I had her pick Andrew up the new Cars 2 movie. Well, as soon as she arrived Andrew was thrilled to have the new movie, Aubree was sleeping in her bed, and I headed out with Amanda to take care of pre-wedding necessities.

Bryan said when he got home Andrew was really sore and couldn't even walk;( Bryan had to carry him everywhere and he wouldn't let Bryan leave his side. I wish I would have not scheduled his appointment on a day when I knew I wouldn't be home!!! Not sure what I was thinking!

Bryan was eventually able to leave Andrew with my parents around 7:30 so he could meet me for some post wedding fun!

All in all I am so proud of what a big boy Andrew was today! If he would have gotten all 4 shots at the same time, then he would have cried a little and that would have been the end of it! Hopefully he will be all better in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment