Today after I got back from the doctor's appointment, Honey came to watch the kids( THANK YOU!!!) and Amanda picked me up to head to Mary's house! We stopped to grab some lunch and then Amanda dropped me off at Mary's and she loaded up her car and headed to the hotel suite to set everything up.
Mary decided on a very small intimate wedding in the park. It was just her and Rick's moms (both of their dads are deceased), their siblings (they each only have one) and Mary's aunt. Michelle was there because she had to secure the location before the wedding, Amanda was there because she was their driver, and so I NEEDED to have a job so I could be there!!!!! Mary is one of my oldest and dearest friends.... I was not missing her wedding whether I was invited or not;) So, I became the videographer!!!! I am pretty sure after we view the video this will be my last gig;)
After the ceremony Mary and her family were going to a nice dinner and then afterwards she and Rick would come back to the hotel suite, that they rented, and have a great party with all of her close friends! She is having a reception in a few weeks, so I am not posting any pictures of Mary because that will be the first time that most people will see her in her wedding dress, so I will come back after the party and add pictures of Mary here;)
So, to back up a little, Amanda went to set up the suite and Mary and I went to the salon to get her hair and makeup done. She just wanted me there for moral support and I was more than willing to sit a read a magazine for over an hour!!!! I cannot tell you the last time I sat and had that much time to myself that didn't involve cleaning something!! It was wonderful!!!!
After the salon, which made Mary look absolutely stunning, we went back to her place to get ready. I got myself ready, helped Mary get into her dress, and then hopped in her car and headed out to the park so I could video her arrival. Amanda picked Mary up and then headed to the park.
You could not have asked for a more perfect night to get married outside. The weather was wonderful, the sun was setting, and love was in the air;) After they exchanged vows, took pictures, and everyone got situated in their cars, I headed back to Mary's to pick up the refrigerated food for the hotel. I met Amanda at the suite downtown, since she went to drop them off at the restaurant, and we finished getting everything together. Of course, not before grabbing some delicious Mexican food around the corner.
The two of us got back to the room and started the party! Amanda set up a DJ booth with her computer, she had a blow up microphone, blow up guitars, and a blow up saxophone! Brizz and Adam arrived first at 7:30 and said it sounded like the party was in full swing and they thought they were the last ones there! HA!
One by one, or two by two everyone trickled in until the Bride and Groom walked in and then we moved the furniture out of the way and really started the party!!! It was so funny that of the 14 people that were there, only girls were dancing, and the guys were all in the back talking;) Very 6th grade dance-like! A few guys eventually entered the dance floor, but whether you were dancing or not you were having a good time! It was absolutely the most fun I have had in FOREVER!!!!!!!!
I don't think the day could have been more perfect and I am so glad that I got to be there for the entire time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment