Thursday, February 5, 2009

We're moving up...well at least across the street

So, today Bryan and I closed on a house that we originally bid on as a piece of rental property. Last weekend Bryan suggested the idea that we add on to the rental property and move in there ourselves. Well, I love the idea because we get to stay in our neighborhood. We basically will be living across the street from where we live now. The house was just renovated, so we would just have to add 2 beds, 1 bath, and redo the kitchen, then, voila!!...a brand new home. The only thing standing in our way is the city. We live in a historic district, so we have to get our plans approved before we are allowed to expand, if at all. I really hope this goes through. If not, then we are back to square one;(


Andrew going for a wagon ride to the levee.
Andrew just noticed Bryan's tape measure.

"Dad, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen!"


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the closing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How exciting! Too bad we don't live closer - Steven could help you guys do everything. I hope it all works out. I know you love your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete