Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time Capsule

After some delay, the granite was finally installed in our kitchen and bathroom on Monday. In the kitchen, where the cabinets come together, they form and 'L' shape. There is about a foot of wasted space where the cabinets did not meet. We decided to do a time capsule and place it in the voided space so that when the granite covers it, it will be hidden forever...or at least until someone else comes along and renovates the kitchen. Bryan typed a letter and I added pictures of the house at different stages of the renevation. We put plenty of pictures of Andrew in the house and even a family picture. As I wrote on the backs of each photo, explaining what each one was, I was really sad that someone would find this at a time that we might not be around. It was almost like planning your own funeral. I even shed a tear... I am an emotional person anyway, but this just struck a chord with me. I am glad that we did it and I know the person who finds it will be excited, but it is just sad that we won't be around forever. Oh well, I guess we will have to enjoy the house and each other while we still can;)



5 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do! And what great history about your new home as well! Whoever happens upon this will enjoy a fun look back through your family's eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea!! It would be so awesome to be able to find something like this from previous owners!

    ReplyDelete