Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to the zoo

Today we decided to go back to the zoo with our playgroup. We were running a little late, so I told them I would just call to meet up when we got there. I was actually a little relieved that we were by ourselves because now that the dinosaur exhibit was open, I wasn't sure how Andrew was going to react to the " No Gift Shop" policy. Of course, he immediately wanted to go see the dinosaurs, so we headed over to stare at them through the fence;)

As soon as we got there, he noticed that kids were coming out of the gift shop. I told him we weren't going in and he whined a little but then we just moved on. I was actually shocked as to how well he did!! He then told me he was hungry and since it was 11:00 we headed to the tables to go eat our lunch. He ate EVERYTHING I brought for him and some of my sandwich too;)

Towards the end of our lunch some of our friends came to eat with us. We talked for a little while and then Aubree woke up and wanted to eat. So, I fed her her bottle and right about the time she was finishing up, Andrew decided he wanted to go back to the gift shop. I of course told him that we weren't going and he started to get upset. It wasn't the fit throwing that I was expecting, he was actually crying sad tears;(

I told him that it was time to go if he didn't stop crying and he said fine. ( I guess he would rather cry than stay at the zoo;) Since it was packed with school kids, I really didn't mind leaving early. So, we packed up everything and headed out.

Hopefully it will get easier!! I really don't want him to get so upset every time we go to the zoo, or anywhere for that matter, and he can't buy a toy!

Only picture I took from our short trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment