Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

We decided that we would just stay around the house today, since we went to 3 parades on Sunday! We are lucky that parades pass close to our house on Fat Tuesday, so we planned on watching them a couple blocks away. We all got dressed in our Mardi Gras gear and waited around house for the first sounds of the parades. The weather wasn't looking so great, so Bryan wanted to hurry and cut the grass before the rain. So, I put Aubree down for her nap and Andrew and I went outside while Bryan cut the grass. The weather was overcast, but not too cold!

At one point Andrew heard bands and said, "That sounds like a parade!". Since Aubree was sleeping and Bryan was cutting the grass I just distracted him with sidewalk chalk with the hopes that he would forget about the parade. Well, it worked;) That was the last time he mentioned it;)

He just ran around outside with Bryan and I was able to do some things in the house;)
I must admit, even though we didn't make it to any parades today, this was the best Mardi Gras season ever!!
I can't wait until next year;)

Mommy and Andrew hanging on the front porch.

distraction;)

We had our own parade inside!

My happy girl!

Aubree's first Mardi Gras!

Andrew's first Mardi Gras!

Someone thinks Daddy is funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment