Friday, December 11, 2009

Our first annual gingerbread house

Tonight Bryan, Andrew, and I built our very first gingerbread house. I have always wanted to do one, but never have. I figured Andrew was at the perfect age to start a new Christmas tradition. Now, I am not much of a baker, so for our first house I decided to just buy the kit already done and just add the icing and candy to it. Maybe next year I will attempt to bake my own...but probably not;)

When Andrew woke up from his nap, I asked him if he was ready to make the house and he said, 'oh, yeth!' I love how excited he gets about things that he has no clue as to what they actually are;)

The three of us had a great time and it wasn't until the very end that Andrew finally realized that you could eat the candy;) Basically everything after that went into his mouth instead of on the tree;)

Before

mixing the icing with Daddy

putting the 'snow' on the roof




After

Could he be any more proud of his gingerbread house?

hmmm...let me see what these bushes taste like

and these look pretty tasty too

what, I'm on break?

3 comments:

  1. How cute! Great idea....we might have to attempt one too. Looks like Andrew had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely stealing this idea! Wyatt's school is closed for 2 weeks for the holidays, and I need some fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...we did one today! egan loved it...he was so serious the whole time. i guess he was trying to stay focused:)
    andrew's house looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete