Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby Snowman at 35 weeks

On Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment to see how big Baby Snowman has gotten. I have been concerned about the baby getting too big because at 28 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes!! I have been on a strict diet ever since and have to take my glucose levels throughout the day. My levels have been fine and Dr. P. didn't see any cause for concern, but to put me at ease we scheduled an ultra sound.

I read in my 'Week by Week Pregnancy Guide' that the baby should be about 5 lbs. My cause for concern was that in the past month and a half I have only gained one pound but my stomach has continued to grow much bigger as the baby is taking everything I have!! But, I guess my doctor knows what she is talking about because they estimate that the baby weighed about 4 lbs 11 oz.

The head is "way down there" which is why I have been walking funny!! But, it was turned towards my back so I couldn't see it's adorable face. That position did lead the ultrasound tech and my doctor to both comment on how much hair the baby has already;) I guess that is one thing this baby will get from his/her older brother. Only about a month to go until we meet our new little bundle of joy!! I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment