Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Andrew C.!

Today the kids and I headed to the carousel at the park to celebrate Andrew C.'s birthday! The party was right in the middle of Aubree's nap time, so I had the brilliant idea to leave a hour early so Aubree could nap in the car. I brought Andrew's video game so I could just park my car at the party, roll down the windows, and enjoy some relaxation time!

Well, things didn't exactly go as planned! Andrew fell asleep about 10 minutes into our drive, which meant he would be nice an cranky for the party since I can't remember the last time he fell asleep GOING somewhere!! Aubree, on the other hand was wide awake the ENTIRE time!! I finally gave up and pulled into the parking lot, ( I had been driving around for 45 minutes trying to get her to fall asleep) 15 minutes before the party was to start, turned off the car, and she was out like a light!! Perfect!!! Now I will have TWO cranky kids!! I let them sleep until noon, which was the time the party started, and then woke them up. Neither one was cranky, so I THOUGHT I might not have it so rough!!!

Um, not sure what got into Aubree, probably lack of sleep and the fact that she is a toddler, but she was a wild woman!! I had to chase her everywhere and stop her from getting into everything!! I was soooo worn out by the end of the party I needed a nap... of course that didn't happen...but one can dream;)






This was the best shot I could get of the two of them on the carousel...and pretty much sums it up;)




No comments:

Post a Comment