Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Marathon Trip to the Zoo

Today, Stacey and I decided to take the kids to the zoo. They have been dying to play together and the weather has been BEAUTIFUL, so we figured we would take advantage of it! Another plus was that most schools have just started back, so I figured there wouldn't be any field trips just yet!!

Well, we were right!! The weather was perfect and we basically had the zoo to ourselves!! We saw a few animals, they ran around, and then it was lunch time. After lunch we let them play on the playground for a LONG time!! Aubree was able to run around too and could not have been more excited! When it was time to move one we took a ride on the carousal!!

Afterwards, we realized that we had been there a few hours but neither of us had anything else to do and the kids were having such a great time, that we decided to head to go see more animals. By the time we got to the swamp we were hungry again;) and decided to sit inside and have a snack! The kids snacked and ran around on the stage and just had a blast!!

We eventually decided to move on and make our way to the front of the zoo. When I loaded up the car with everyone and everything the clock on my dashboard said 3:45!!! Um, what?!?!? We got there at 10:02 this morning!! Were we really at the zoo for just under 6 hours!!

Stacey and I managed 5 kids, 4 and under, for 6 hours in public without one single meltdown!!!! It was a fantastic day!!! We were beyond pooped after, but it was totally worth!

Camille, Marie, Noah, Andrew, and Aubree ( This was the best I could do with all 5 kids;)






This was Aubree's first carousel ride!!

This was also Camille's first ride on the carousel!

Let's do this!



1 comment:

  1. SOOO much fun! my 3 looked just like Andrew in the car.
    Hopefully, I will be a regular on your blog again, now that I have joined the wireless world with my new computer :-) Maybe, I'll start up blogging again. Haha

    ReplyDelete