Saturday, January 21, 2012

A party and a trip to the river.

Today, Andrew and I went to a birthday party for one of the little boys in his class. It was during Aubree's naptime, so Bryan stayed home with her. It was so nice to spend time with just Andrew, although he was busy with his friends the whole time and barely spoke to me;). But, I enjoyed talking with one of the other moms and not having to chase Aubree around for a change.

Andrew bounced and bounced and bounced until it was time to go home. Right when we were about to pull into our driveway, we noticed Nicholas and Bryan taking Aubree for a walk in her stroller. They came back to the house and said they were going to the river. Andrew wanted to go too, so I told them to let the kids play in the backyard while I got things together.

We had a few bathroom breaks and I had to pack up some drinks and snacks for the kids. After about 15-20 minutes we were ready to roll. Andrew got in the wagon, but since we haven't replaced the broken seat belts, I put Aubree in her stroller and we started the short walk to the river.

We stopped at a restaurant/bar up the street to get a couple drinks (non-alcoholic ;). While Bryan was inside getting the soft drinks, Andrew got out of the wagon, sat at one of the outdoor tables, and decided he was hungry and wanted some food! Nicholas and I just laughed at how we were NEVER going to make it to the river!! So, I went inside and asked Bryan to order Andrew some fries to hold him over until dinner! Once we finally got our order, we were ready to roll! I really don't know how long it took us to get there, but I do know it was waaay longer than the usual 5 minutes!!

When we arrived at the river they had huge boats passing! Andrew and Nicholas went down to the water to get a better look while Bryan and I stated high and dry with Aubree. After playing by the river we went to an empty lot across the street to throw the arobie pro and the football.

Andrew ( and Nicholas and Bryan) had a blast!! It was such great weather to be outside!! Even Aubree ran around and had so much fun!! After everyone was done running around, we headed back home because Honey and Poppy were coming over for dinner!

I think we all had such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment