Friday, June 17, 2011

The Ice Cream Man and a Dance Party!

Yesterday, while I was cleaning up around the house I heard an old, but familiar tune outside. It was the ice cream man!! I was soooo excited! The only problem was that Andrew was spending the day/night at Honey and Poppy's so he wasn't home. I didn't feel like chasing him down just for me;( So, I passed on the frozen treat!

Then, later today after Honey dropped Andrew off back home, I heard that familiar song!! I screamed for Andrew to get his shoes on and we ran out the house! He was sooo excited, even though he had no idea what was going on;) It's funny how enthusiasm is contagious!

When we got to the van it was a very tough decision to make! But, Andrew settled a multi-colored Popsicle with bubble gum at the top ( that part was a surprise for both of us!) Bryan and Chesley also got Popsicles and I just wasn't in the mood anymore, so for 3 Popsicles it came to $6.50! I am pretty sure I use to chase the ice cream man with like $.50?!?

Anyway, it was a great 'first' moment and I fear that I may have to get a second "PAYING" job this summer to afford these yummy treats everyday;)


Then, later this evening we headed over to our friend's Stacey and Mike's house! It has been a while since we have gotten together, so it was a much needed "family date" ( I am quoting Stacey;)

The kids had a blast playing and we enjoyed delicious chicken, steak, and corn from the grill! After everyone was fed and bathed we were even entertained by an impromptu dance party! The kids were having a blast showing us their moves!!

It was such a fun evening, we need to get together more often!




Noah and Andrew relaxing for a moment before the dancing;)
This was the only picture I took from the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment